Tuesday, April 28, 2009

“When a love comes to an end, weaklings cry, efficient ones instantly find another love, and the wise already have one in reserve.” --Oscar Wilde

It's all coming to an end.
I graduate from college in just ten days.
Four years and $70,000 are all gone. The trade off's officially over, so now I'm technically a real, live adult. At least, that's what I've been told.

It's my last day at Central Michigan Life, an experience that been completely bittersweet. This is the place where I learned how to love breaking news, conduct an interview, write on deadline and what it felt like to see my name in print. But, I'm the grandma here, now, and it's time for me to move on. The title of dinosaur, the oldest working member of a publication where there are people who don't know your first editor's name, is a tough job.
Through the victories and losses, both with my own work and this publication as a whole, it's just time to go.

2 comments:

Moon Shadows said...

Congratulations. I hope thrive in your next step in life.

dogimo said...

Hm. Interesting quote. It appears I am a wise and efficient weakling.