Monday, October 27, 2008

Spring Schedule or Hey, I may actually graduate in May

Scheduling has been a bit of a nightmare. I've heard too many horror stories about seniors in their final semesters who have been misguided regarding class selection. It's made me paranoid.
I have 19 credits left to graduate, and that isn't counting my credit transfers from this semester. Really all that I need is a science class and my last journalism class, but I have to take 12 credits to be a full time student.
I'm packing a light schedule this spring, since I am applying to be second in command at Life. Just twelve credits and I had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel for that. Anyway:

Monday:
2 p.m.-3:15 p.m.: BIO 240 Conservation of Natural Resources, Brooks 203
3:30- 4:45 p.m.: ENG 294 Intro to Creative Writing, Anspach 260A

Tuesday:
11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: FRN 370 Pronunciation and Diction, Pearce 332

Wednesday:

2 p.m.-3:15 p.m.: BIO 240 Conservation of Natural Resources, Brooks 203
3:30 p.m.- 4:45 p.m.: ENG 294 Intro to Creative Writing, Anspach 260A
6:30 p.m.-9:20 p.m.: 500 Current Issues Mass Comm, Moore 108

Thursday:
11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: FRN 370 Pronunciation and Diction, Pearce 332

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creative writing is a pretty neat class. I took it my Freshman year with Mark Yakich, who is no longer at CMU. It's a lot of writing, obviously, but you get a lot of opportunities to read and critique other people's work, which is also kind of a neat sociological experiment, seeing into the minds of complete strangers.

The only real complaint was that I can't stand "writers." You know, "Central Review" types who come up with completely non-linear thoughts and concepts and pass them off as "meaningful." Still, it's fun writing something plain and clear and watching them find all this deep, cryptic meaning that doesn't come close to your original intent.

Either way, I think you'll enjoy it.