
The owner and bartender of Falstaff threw a small Halloween get together for American students living in Angers.
Kat is a French person, fluent in English, who is in love with American culture. To celebrate our internationally misunderstood holiday, Sunday evening she converted her bar into a vampire's lair, turned on some horror films, filled us with (a reasonable amount of) alcohol and (a ridiculous amount of) candy and then handed us knives and pumpkins.
To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I carved a pumpkin. Not only was I out of practice, but French pumpkins proved to be a bit more difficult because they are so small and thick. It also took a little while to wrap my head around the fact that they were green. Every single pumpkin in the bar was colored with a shade similar to that of a zucchini.

It was just a really nice gesture for her to do this for us. It was just that little something I needed to fill my Halloween void. Not only that, but it was also fun sharing a piece of my culture with some of the friends I have made here.


No comments:
Post a Comment