Monday, September 29, 2008

Still here!

Went to the Tate Modern Art Museum today. The one thing that really stood out while I was this project called "The Hotel" by a woman named Sophie Calle, who worked as a chambermaid at a hotel in Venice where she explored the writings and objects of the hotel guests. I guess she is known for art that looks into the lives of strangers-- which is kind of a different/more invasive way of doing what I do. My passion is to tell people's stories. We do the same thing, just very differently.

We did more walking around today. Drank Starbucks. Saw the London Bridge.

Today, while I was preparing to pay for my Subway, a man in a business suit ran through through the door, pushed his way in front of me and asked for a cup of water. The man behind the counter told him they didn't have complimentary cups and he would have to buy one. That's when the guy in the suit grabbed one of the cups sold for fountain drinks and said he needed it to "put out a fire". He pointed in a direction that was to the left of the sub shop.
The Subway employee again told him he would have to buy the cup. That's when the suited man got mad, told him to "piss off" and stormed out of the shop with a cup in his hand. Even though this fire was supposedly to the left of the Subway, when he got through the doorway, he went right. Subway employees yelled after him, but no one did anything.
It was strange.


Photobucket

The Tate
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Believe it or not, it's really difficult finding a trash can in public. Ben told me the IRA used to put bombs inside of them so Londoners just got used to not having them.
Photobucket

London Bridge
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

:)
Photobucket

London's financial district, Canary Warf. People were just getting off work when we were passing through.
Photobucket

London's Church of Scientology.... Yikes
Photobucket

I <3 Citrus Coke
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess I'm not really IN there like I should be....
Photobucket

Thought this was funny
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: