Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Kicks!

Phil bought me a pair of white high tops about a month ago after we began to notice that my newsprint ones had badly begun to wither away. (Let's face it, though. I'll wear those things until they will no longer physically stay on my feet.) I gave them to Maria, asked only that she stick with a peacock feathers theme and to just have fun and go crazy with them.
Today, she gave me the custom pair of shoes and they look absolutely amazing. There's a lot of careful detail on these chucks, it's clear she spent a ton of time on them. I couldn't have bought a pair of shoes like these in any store (or online) and been more happy. Thanks, Maria!

Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photos courtesy of Maria Filar.

2 comments:

dogimo said...

YOW!

Those are resplendent!

What did she use to do that? That looks great.

Caitlin.M.Foyt said...

She used acrylic paint, which we're not sure if that's going to work out. I was going to head to a craft store later to pick up some clear fabric paint to seal it all in.