The first day back didn't set into motion the feelings I anticipated.
It hasn't sunken in that this is my last semester as an Undergrad.
Perhaps it's because my head has been so far buried in my brand new set of obligations.
I'm a news editor, now. My ass is (finally) officially property of Central Michigan Life.
Though the rush of students didn't come to Mount Pleasant until yesterday, I've been here since last Sunday and have essentially spent the majority of my time on the top floor of Moore Hall.
Today I had my first two classes: a Biology class, conservation of natural resources, with a professor from Canada who definitely has a distracting dialect and Creative Writing with a professor who somehow remembered my first name. I wasn't exactly thrilled to take another science class, but both seem like they will be interesting. I think I made a really bad first impression, though, when I told each of them that I would be missing Wednesday this week and next week. I have my (good) reasons though. This week I'll be taking a writing an current events test for Columbia at Michigan State, the nearest proctor site. It's the last bit of material they need from me before they make their decision.
Next wednesday I'll still be in D.C. after covering the inauguration. Yes, OH MY GOD, I'll be reporting from the inauguration for CM Life. Photog Matt Stephens and I leave Saturday, though it's still debatable how we're going to get there. It's a nice long 10 and a half hour drive so if anyone has any hints on where we can find some cheap, last minutes airfare/train tix, let me know.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment