Thursday, December 4, 2008

YOOOWWWWWWCCCHHHH!

We have to notify the secretary's office when we're going to miss class. I won't be there today, so here's my email:

Bonjour,

Je m'appelle Caitlin et je suis un étudiant americaine.
J'ecris parce-que je voudrais excuser de mes cours pour le jour. Hier après-midi, pendant revenais à pied à la maison, je me suis froissé ma cheville.
En ce moment-même, c'est enflée encore et j'ai très mal. Je vais envelopper mon pied et alterner chaud et froid.

S'il vous plaît, dites mes profs. J'ai un examen de comprehension écrite aujord'hui dans mon cours de langue et je m'inquiete pour mes notes. Quelles sont mes options?
Excusez-moi. Merci.

-Caitlin M. Foyt
Central Michigan University


Yesterday afternoon, I rolled my ankle coming down a flight of steps. It hurt pretty badly, but was better after I hopped around groaning for a minute. I was able to walk normally after a few minutes, but as the evening progressed, it started to kill a little and even began to swell. I woke up this morning and the symptoms are the same. I'm concerned that I'll miss my busiest day of the week, but moreso that I have my big day in Paris tomorrow-- yeah, the one I've had planned for a month.I just hope it gets better in time.

And speaking of better-- as you can see in my email up there, my French is still really lousy and I find that to be really frustrating.

No comments: