Monday, November 10, 2008

Green Grass

That old saying about the grass' many shades of green has never been more appropriate than it is now. I have spent the last several years obsessing over this culture, dreaming of the day I could actually come to see this place. I'm happy and would like to live here permanently someday, while the French friends I've made are obsessed with America and plan to live in the States as soon as they can. Funny how things work that way.

My application process has been moving long slowly. Right now I'm in the midst of my Columbia entrance essay and it's taking forever because I am over analyzing every single word I use. But, even after that. still have to collect the letters of recommendation before I can send everything on it's way. Also, though Columbia doesn't require a GRD, it looks like some of my "back up" schools (ha, It's STILL be a dream to go to any of them) require one. I'm ripping my hair out a bit and I'm pretty grateful that I have another day of vacances. Tonight I'll do something more constructive like my Langue homework, instead of watching both Kill Bills back to back for the zillionth time. (Even though I HAD been dying to watch those movies since I arrived here.)

No comments: