So-
Scheduling began.
Caught a 24-hour something, but feel better now.
Received a birthday card that sings.
Been drinking too much tea.
I haven't had much going on this week.
Monday, I was handed a list of classes with designated time slots. I was instructed to go to each class and then pick a handful that I enjoyed and benefitted from the most. It's a neat idea, something very different than what I am offered at home, but it makes from a lengthy day. I'm glad that things will be a little less hectic next week. From what I've seen so far, I have a pretty challenging "semester" ahead of me.
Lundi (Monday):
13:30-15:30> Langue (language)
17-17:55> France au Quotidien (civilization/current events course)
Mardi (Tuesday):
11:15-12:15> Histoire de l'Art (Art History)
13:30-15:30> Langue
15:45-15:55> Expression Écrite (Written Expression)
Mercredi (Wednesday):
8-10> Langue
10:15-11:10> Grammaire
14:30-15:30> Histoire D'Art
15:45-16:45> France au Quotidien
Jeudi (Thursday):
14:30-15:30> Grammaire
15:45-16:45> France au Quotidien
Vendredi (Friday, AKA my hell day)
8-8:55> Expression Écrite
9-10>Histoire D'Art
10:15-12:15> Langue
13:30-14:25> Langue Labo (Language Lab)
14:30-15:30> Grammaire
Today there was some sort of staff ceremony at school so we got out at 11:15! So I have taken the day to just breathe.
I always seem to forget how magical music is. Yeah, Classic Rock is amazing for what it is-- the sound, the history, what it spawned-- but what it does to me is something incredible all on it's own. I have so many memories attached to these songs. It goes back to a time when I was 5,6,7 years old, wearing lycra and plastic sunglasses in the back seat of my dad's Jeep Wrangler. I was listening to Marshall Tucker, CCR, the Rolling Stones-the soundtrack of my childhood.
I felt a little homesick this week, dusted off a few of these guys and that somehow it made me feel a lot better.
It's a rare feeling, but it hurts when it hits.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment